Don’t let the name fool you. Inland marine insurance is one of the most important coverages your business can have—even if your business has nothing to do with boats or water. Initially created to cover goods transported over water, it now includes a variety of items, including:

Goods in transit can include items transported by land, air, or rail within the country’s borders. Goods in warehouses, including items stored for short-term or long-term use. Tools and equipment, including tools and equipment used for business operations, such as construction tools and machinery. Valuable papers, including documents such as deeds, contracts, bonds, stocks, and other important papers related to business operations. Electronic data processing equipment, including computers and other electronic devices used for data processing purposes. Miscellaneous articles, including various articles such as artwork, antiques, jewelry, musical instruments, cameras, etc.

Commercial inland marine insurance can protect property away from your premises or the property of others that may not be covered under commercial property insurance. It is an important policy that protects you from various losses, especially if you need to store or transport your goods. Some policies can even cover loss or damage due to theft, fire, or weather-related events. The cost of inland marine policies varies, but the experts at Cole Harrison are here to help; we’ll answer any questions and ensure you have the coverage you need. 

PHOTO: Provided by, Cynthia Fitzmorris

Coverage can include:

Property being transported

Computer equipment and data

Accounts receivable

Fine artwork

Contractor’s tools & equipment

Buildings uder construction

Customer property in your care

Request A Quote

Complete the form below, and someone from our office will contact you.